Social media has a number of innovative ways to get messages across. From makeup tutorials to travel vlogs to academic promotion, social media has created a platform that combines how things look with how things read.
Here’s how you can create relevant content that gets you ahead of the game:
- Research, research, research:
- Think deeply about how you are connecting with your audience: are you structuring your sentences in a way that your audience can connect? Ensure that you are keeping the interests of your audience top of mind.
- Your Tone of Voice Matters:
- How you sound in your writing is vital. You want your reader to be able to recognize your copy as soon as they start reading it. Take a significant amount of time thinking through how you make your mark in their virtual ears. Can they recognize your copy and subsequent sound amongst the plethora of other written content?
- 3,2,1 Action:
- As far as possible, compel your audience to act. By this I mean to act on following your page, going to your website, buying your services, making a comment – literally anything A call to action (CTA) can be as simple as “follow for more info”. Keep it simple, however, keep this in mind: too many CTA’s can become confusing to the end-user and might deter them from taking any action at all.